The International Society for Arabic Papyrology
Permanent link: http://www.naher-osten.lmu.de/isap
The International Society for Arabic Papyrology, Inc. (ISAP) was officially founded on the 24th of March 2002 in Cairo and is currently based at Princeton University. Its goals are to increase, address, explore and exchange information and knowledge relevant to Arabic papyrology in the widest sense.
- Projects ISAP is involved in include: the Checklist of Arabic papyrus editions, the List of Major Collections,the list of scholars involed in Arabic papyrology, as well as the Arabic Papyrology School, the Arabic Papyrology Database for Arabic text editions, plans for cataloguing and digitilisation of Arabic papyrus collections.
- After the ISAP conferences in Cairo (2002), Granada (2004), Alexandria (2006), Vienna (2009), Carthage (2012), Munich (2014), Berlin (2018), an online conference (2021), and in the Fayoum (2023), our next conference will be held in Istanbul.
- To subscribe to the ISAP e-mail list (Arabic Papy-list), please send a short message containing your name, e-mail address and a brief description of your research interests to: arabic_papyri at auburn.edu.
- If you would like more information, please write to Naïm Vanthieghem (nvthiegh at gmail.com) or Marie Legendre (marie.legendre at ed.ac.uk).
On the General Meeting of the International Society for Arabic Papyrology, held Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 at Fayoum University, the Board of Directors was elected as follows:
- Marie Legendre, University of Edinburgh, Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, 19 George Square, UK-Edinburgh EH8 9LD, United Kingdrom, marie.legendre at ed.ac.uk (President)
- Naïm Vanthieghem, Centre nationale de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Institut de recherche et d’histoire des textes (IRHT), Section arabe, Collège Sainte-Barbe, 4 rue Valette, F-75005 Paris, France, nvthiegh at gmail.com (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Lorenzo Bondioli, Princeton University, bondioli at princeton.edu
- Esther Garel, Université de Strasbourg, Institut de papyrologie, e.garel at unistra.fr
- Ursula Hammed, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Institut für den Nahen und Mittleren Osten, Veterinärstr. 1, D-80539 Munich, Germany, ursula.hammed at lmu.de
- Maher A. Eissa, Fayoum University, Egyptology Department, P.O.B. 63514, Fayoum City, Egypt, maher.eissa at fayoum.edu.eg
- Isabelle Marthot-Santaniello, Fachbereich Alte Geschichte, Petersgraben 51, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland, i.marthot-santaniello at unibas.ch
- Stefanie Schmidt, Freie Universität Berlin, Ägyptologisches Seminar, stefanie.talea.schmidt at fu-berlin.de
- Khaled Younes, University of Sadat City, khaledyounes2100 at yahoo.com
- Lev Weitz, The Catholic University of America, Department of History, weitz at cua.edu
The Checklist of Arabic Documents
List of Major Collections Holding Arabic Documents
ISAP III Conference 2006
ISAP IV Conference 2009
ISAP V Conference 2012
ISAP VI Conference 2014
ISAP VII Conference 2018
ISAP VIII Online Conference 2021
ISAP IX Conference 2023
Scholars Involved in Arabic Papyrology
Statutes of the International Society for Arabic Papyrology
Publications and Projects of the International Society for Arabic Papyrology
Sign-up for the International Society for Arabic Papyrology