The International Society for Arabic Papyrology
Permanent link: http://www.naher-osten.lmu.de/isap
The International Society for Arabic Papyrology, Inc. (ISAP) was officially founded on the 24th of March 2002 in Cairo and is currently based at Princeton University. Its goals are to increase, address, explore and exchange information and knowledge relevant to Arabic papyrology in the widest sense.
- Projects ISAP is involved in include: the Checklist of Arabic papyrus editions, the List of Major Collections,the list of scholars involed in Arabic papyrology, as well as Arabic Papyrology School, the Arabic Papyrology Database for Arabic text editions, plans for cataloguing and digitilisation of Arabic papyrus collections.
After the ISAP conferences in Cairo (2002), Granada (2004), Alexandria (2006), Vienna (2009), Carthage (2012), and Munich (2014), the Seventh ISAP Conference will take place in 2018.
To subscribe to the ISAP e-mail list (Arabic Papy-list), please send a short message containing your name, e-mail address and a brief description of your research interests to: arabic_papyri at auburn.edu.
- If you would like more information, please write to Matt Malczycki (malczycki at auburn.edu) or Andreas Kaplony (andreas.kaplony at lmu.de).
On the Business Meeting of the International Society for Arabic papyrology, held Friday, October 10th, 2014, at the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Munich, the Board of Directors was elected as follows:
- Matt Malczycki, Auburn University, Department of History, 310 Thach Hall, USA-Auburn, AL 36849, malczycki at auburn.edu (President)
- Andreas Kaplony, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Institut für den Nahen und Mittleren Osten, Veterinärstr. 1, D-80539 Munich, Germany, andreas.kaplony at lmu.de (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Lajos Berkes, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Theologische Fakultät, Seminar: Neues Testament, Burgstrasse 26,D-10099 Berlin, Germany, berkesla at hu-berlin.de
- Tonio Sebastian Richter, now Freie Universität Berlin, Ägyptologisches Seminar, Fabeckstr. 23-25, D-14195 Berlin, Germany, sebastian.richter at fu-berlin.de
- Marina Rustow, now Princeton Geniza Lab, Princeton University, USA-Princeton, NJ 08544, mrustow at princeton.edu
- Abdel-Latif, Mohamed, now Mansour University, Faculty of Tourism and Hotels, Cairo, Egypt, dr.mohamed_abdellatif at yahoo.com