The International Society for Arabic Papyrology
The International Society for Arabic Papyrology, Inc. (ISAP) was officially founded on the 24th of March 2002 in Cairo and is currently based at Princeton University. Its goals are to increase, address, explore and exchange information and knowledge relevant to Arabic papyrology in the widest sense.
- You can view the list of scholars involed in Arabic papyrology online.
- To subscribe to the ISAP e-mail list (Arabic Papy-list), please send a short message containing your name, e-mail address and a brief description of your research interests to: arabic_papyri at auburn.edu.
- The articles of incorporation and by-laws are available online.
- After the ISAP conferences in Cairo (2002), Granada (2004), Alexandria (2006), Vienna (2009), Carthage (2012), and Munich (2014), the Seventh ISAP Conference will take place in about 2018.
- Other projects ISAP is involved in include: the Checklist of Arabic papyrus editions, the Arabic Papyrology School, the Arabic Papyrology Database for Arabic text editions, plans for cataloguing and digitilisation of Arabic papyrus collections.
If you would like more information, please write to Matt Malczycki (malczycki at auburn.edu) or Andreas Kaplony (andreas.kaplony at lmu.de).